This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
3 Bean Vegan Chili - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Johnny Price
1 package Morning Star Meal Starters (or any ground beef replacement)
1 14.5-oz. can Black beans
1 14.5-oz. can Pinto beans
1 14.5-oz. can Kidney beans
1 14.5-oz. can Corn
1 29-oz. can Stewed Tomatoes
1 29-oz. can Tomato Sauce
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 Green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
4 Cloves garlic, diced
Rice, Bread, or corn chips (to serve with)
1. Dice up the veggies first, because the cooking will go fast.
2. On medium high heat, heat up some olive oil, then sautee the onions, then the garlic and bell pepper.
3. Throw in the Meal Starter ground beef replacement (still frozen is fine), and let it brown.
4. Add a liberal amount of chili powder and black pepper, and a bit of salt (I never measure, sorry).
5. Now dump in the beans and corn, one can at a time, stirring as you go along, making sure the bottom doesn’t stick and burn.
6. Add more chili powder and black pepper. Spice it up nice!
7. Throw in the stewed tomatoes, stir, and then dump in the tomato sauce. Done!
8. Lower the heat and let it simmer for as long as you can resist. You can actually eat it right away (prep and cooking time: 10-15 minutes) or you can simmer it for 30 minutes, an hour or more. The longer it simmers, the better the flavors will all mix together.
9. Taste it and spice it as needed. I like to add a lot of chili powder and black pepper. To crank up the heat, feel free to add your favorite red peppers early on in the cooking process.
Serve with brown rice, good bread, or blue corn chips.