7-Eleven Cherry Slurpee - TastyPlanner.com
Put on a big red smile. Now you can make your own version of the popular convenience store slush we know from the excruciating brain freeze that follows a big ol’ gulp. You must have a blender to make this clone of 7-Eleven’s Slurpee, and enough room to stick that blender into your freezer to get it nice and thick. This recipe gets close to the original with Kool-Aid mix if you decide to make some variations, don’t worry about adding extract. This recipe makes enough to fill one of those giant-size 32-ounce cups you find at the convenience store. Now if we could just figure out how to make those funky spoon-straws.
Recipe Source: http://www.topsecretrecipes...
2 cups cold clun soda
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon cherry flavored unsweetened Kool-Aid mix
1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
2 1/2 cups crushed ice
1. Pour 1 cup of the club soda into a blender. Add the sugar, Kool-Aid mix, and cherry extract. Blend this until all of the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the crushed ice and blend on high speed until the drink is a slushy, smooth consistency, with no remaining chuncks of ice.
3. Add the remaining club soda and blend briefly until mixed. You may have to stop the blender and use a long spoon to stir up the contents.
4. If necessary, put the blender into your freezer for 1/2-hour. This will help thicken it up. After 1/2-hour remove from freezer and, again, blend briefly to mix.
Makes one 32-ounce drink (or two 16-ouncers).
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0