Category: Main Course
Accidental Grilled Chicken Salad - TastyPlanner.com
Was expecting a few hungry friends to walk in as I started cooking, but they called and had an emergency. Fortunately nothing bad, but there I was with too much food. Chopped everything up, added mayo, and a generous slurp of hot sauce (the way I like it). Not your run-of-the-mill chicken salad. Good way to finish up those leftovers! I put the onion slices and mushrooms in a grill basket so they could be turned without falling apart as they cooked. Hope you like it!
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recip...
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper
2 Vidalia onions, thickly sliced
4 large mushroom caps, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
Hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chicken breast halves in a large resealable plastic bag with lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon pepper. Shake to coat, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat a grill for high heat.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the Vidalia onions and mushrooms on the grill, and cook until lightly charred on both sides; set aside. Place chicken onto the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 15 minutes, turning once, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and chop.
4. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the onions, mushrooms, chicken, and mayonnaise. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
The nutrition datat for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cook time, etc., the actualy amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Approximate grill time for chicken and poultry.
AMOUNT PER SERVING:
Calories: 426/Total Fat: 35.6g/Cholesterol: 59mg
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0