This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Alton's Banana Bread (and Muffins) - TastyPlanner.com
Alton’s Banana Bread Recipe.
Note: Bananas should be very overripe, black but not oozing.
Recipe Source: I'm Just Here for More Food
340 g Overripe bananas
210 g sugar
220 g AP Flour
35 g oat flour
6 g Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
6 g Salt (1 teaspoon)
113 g Unsalted butter, melted and cooled
100 g Eggs (2 large)
6 g Almond extract (1 teaspoon)
1 cup extras (nuts, chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Place an oven rack in position C and preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Prep a loaf pan
3. Place the bananas and the sugar in a large mixing bowl and mash them together with a potato masher until smooth
4. Proceed with the MUFFIN METHOD. Combine Wet Works 1 with Wet Works 2 in separate bowls, then combine together before adding the West Works to the Dry Works.
5. Fold in the extras, then pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until temperature measures 210 F, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out more or less clean.
6. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove it from the pan and place on a rack to cool completely before slicing.
7. Tightly wrapped this bread will keep at room temperature for 5 days.
Prep a standard 12-hole muffin tin and use a disher to fill the holes.
Back on Rack C for 30 minutes until their temperature reaches 210 F.
Remove the muffins immediately to a cooling rack.