Category: Main Course
Amish Meatloaf - TastyPlanner.com
A recipe for Amish meatloaf topped with bacon strips and a ketchup glaze that I had while in Amish country in Holmes County, Ohio.
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recip...
2 pounds ground beef
2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 sliced bacon
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugare until well blended. Process into a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Lay the two slices of bacon over the top.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. While the loaf bakes, mix together the remaining 1 cup ketchup, vinegar, salt, mustard and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread over the top of the meat loaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.
Amount Per Serving-Calories: 464/Total Fat: 21.1g/Cholesterol: 124mg
- Times saved to recipe box: 2
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1