Category: Main Course
Applebee's Club House Grill - TastyPlanner.com
Menu Description: “Applebee’s signature hot club sandwich with warm sliced ham and turkey, cheddar, tomatoes, mayonnaise and Bar-B-Que sauce on thick-sliced grilled French bread. Served with a side of coleslaw.”
Here’s a sandwich whick Applebee’s claims is a signature item for the chain. I can see why-its creative, yet simple. And pretty tasty. It’s a cross between a club sandwich and a grilled cheese. So, if you like both of those, you’ll love this. And it helps that the sandwich is easy to make when you’re as lazy as I am.
For the sliced turkey and ham, go to you deli service counter in the supermarket and get the stuff they machine-slice real thin for sandwiches. This usually tastes the best. If you don’t have a service counter, you can find the thin-sliced meats prepackaged near the hot dogs and bologna.
Recipe Source: http://www.topsecretrecipes...
2 thick slices French bread
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 teaspoons mayonnaise
1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 slices deli-sliced turkey breast
2 slices deli-sliced ham
2 slices tomato
2 teaspoons barbecue sauce (Bullseye is best)
1. Spread the butter evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
2. Put one slice of bread, butter side down, into a preheated frying pan over medium heat.
3. Spread the mayonnaise over the unbuttered side of the grilling bread.
4. Sprinkle half of the Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise.
5. Lay the turkey and ham in the pan next to the bread for 30 seconds to heat it up.
6. When it’s warm, lay the turkey on the cheese.
7. Place the tomato slices on the turkey.
8. Spread the barbecue sauce over the tomato slices.
9. Lay the ham on the tomatoes.
10. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the ham.
11. Top off the sandwich with the other slice of bread, being sure that the buttered side is facing up.
12. By now the first side of the bread should be golden brown. Flip the sandwich over and grill the other side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown as well.
13. Remove the sandwich from the pan and cut in half diagonally. Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
- Times saved to recipe box: 4
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 2