This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Apricot-Orange Bread - TastyPlanner.com
Serves: Makes 2 loaves
1 (6 oz.) package of dried apricots cut into small pieces
2 cups water
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 cup natural sweetener
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
1/2 cups sifted whole grain flour
1/4 cup soy milk powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup chopped pecans(optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly oil two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
2. Cook apricots in water in a covered medium-size saucepan for 10-15 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain; reserve 3/4 cup liquid. Set apricots aside to cool.
3. Cream together oil and sugar. By hand, beat in egg and orange peel.
4. Sift together flour, dry milk, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved apricot liquid and orange juice.
5. Stir apricot pieces and pecans into batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared pans.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread springs back when lightly touched in center.
8. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and completely cool on wire rack before slicing.