This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Artichoke Risotto - TastyPlanner.com
A vegetarian favorite. Use as a side or as the entree. Vegan approved.
Recipe Source: http://babyfit.sparkpeople....
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted margarine (use vegan for v)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cups uncooked carnaroli rice
1/4 cup soy milk (you can also use skim milk)
1/4 cup apple juice
6 cups vegetable stock
8 oz) container firm tofu, cubed
6.5 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, liquid reserved
2 cloves garlic, minced
8.75 oz) can low salt yellow corn
cayenne pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil and margarine. Stir in 1/2 the onion, and saute until tender. Stir in the rice, and cook until lightly browned.
2. Pour soy milk (skim milk, if using) and apple juice into the rice. When the rice has absorbed the liquids, gradually pour in vegetable stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, until absorbed. Reserve about 1/4 cup stock. Cover, and cook about 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, lightly brown the tofu and remaining onion in the reserved marinated artichoke heart liquid. Stir in the garlic.
4. Remove the rice from heat, and thoroughly mix remaining vegetable stock, tofu mixture, artichoke hearts, corn, and cayenne pepper into the rice.
Makes 8 servings.
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1