This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Bagel and Cheese Bake - TastyPlanner.com
A tasty twist on the breakfast strata. Varying the bacon and cheese for other fillings allows a simple vegetarian option and endless flavor combinations.
1/2 pound bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 plain bagels
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place the bacon and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
2. Slice each bagel into 4 thin slices.
3. Arrange 6 bagel slices in the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with the bacon and onion mixture, followed by the Cheddar cheese. Top with remaining bagel slices.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, parsley, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the bagel layers. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Uncover the chilled bagel dish, and bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until eggs are firm. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.