Category: Main Course
Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Ham - TastyPlanner.com
Day Two Easy Dinner Recipe
Recipe Source: http://www.momswhothink.com...
1 pound cooked ham, cubed
1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1/4 pound Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese, cut up
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
2 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
1. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in large saucepan on low heat.
2. Blend in flour and salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
3. Add prepared cheese product and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese; stir until melted.
4. Stir in macaroni. Add cooked cubed ham.
5. Pour into lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
6. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs.
7. Sprinkle casserole with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bread crumb mixture.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.