Category: Main Course
Baked Potato with Chili - TastyPlanner.com
Can I really eat all of this?
Yep, on the Special K Challenge you can eat all this for the meal of your choice and still stay on track. Isn’t it delicious?
Recipe Source: http://www.specialk.com/tip...
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tbsp sliced celery
1 tsp vegetable oil
4 oz ground turkey or lean ground beef
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
1/2 cup canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp tomato paste
Fresh tomato wedge (optional)
1. Scrub potato. Pat dry. Use fork to prick potato. Place in shallow baking dish or pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until very tender.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan cook onion and celery in oil over medium heat until tender. Add turkey. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
3. Stir in broth, kidney beans and tomato paste. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until desired consistency.
4. Place potato on serving plate. Use knife to cut X in top. Press in and up on ends of potato. Spoon chili mixture into potato. Top with tomato wedge (if desired).
JUST ADD THESE FUN SIDES TO CREATE A FULL MEAL:
1. Tossed salad made from 2 cups torn mixed greens
2. 4 cherry tomatoes
3. 3 tablespoons chopped bell pepper
4. 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
5. 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
6. 2 tablespoons Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
7. 1 cup fat-free milk
(Total Calories: 190)
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 5