This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Baxter Road Grilled Chicken - TastyPlanner.com
The chicken owes its exceptional succulence and flavor to Barbados’s national marinade, which is called, simply, “seasonin’.”
Recipe Source: The BBQ Bible
1 chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
4 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
3 shallots, peeled
1 bunch chives or scallions, trimmed
1 green bell pepper, medium, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
1 rib celery, medium, coarsely chopped
1 scotch bonnet chile or 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced (for a milder marinade, seed the chiles)
3 tbs parsley, fresh Italian, (flat-leaf)
2 tsp thyme, chopped fresh, or 1 teaspoon dried
2 tbs lime juice, fresh, or to taste
2 tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs olive Oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Rinse the chicken pieces under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a large nonreactive bowl or baking dish and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the garlic, shallots, chives, bell pepper, celery, chile, parsley, and thyme in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice, the soy sauce, and oil and process until blended and smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper, and lime juice as needed; the mixture should be highly seasoned. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the bowl and turn the pieces to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 12 hours (the longer the better).
3. Preheat the grill, using the two-tiered method.
4. When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the chicken pieces from the bowl, reserving any marinade that has drained off. Arrange the pieces, skin side down, on the grate over the hotter section of the grill and cook. Brush the pieces once or twice with the reserved marinade, but not during the last 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the chicken pieces to serving plates or a platter and serve.
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1