Category: Side Dish
Brown Rice and Cranberry Pilaf - TastyPlanner.com
Recipe Source: http://www.weightwatchers.c...
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
2 medium celery ribs, thinly sliced
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
2 tsp stemmed thyme leaves
1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain brown rice
3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Coat a large oven-safe saute pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion has softened a bit, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in cranberries and thyme; cook for 30 seconds. Pour in rice; stir well.
4. Add broth, salt and pepper; increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
5. Cover pan and place in oven; bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 1 hour. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Serving size: 2/3 cup
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0