This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Cottage Cheese (low-cal, low-fat) - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Nelly Valdivieso
Low calorie, low fat recipe. Perfect for healthy eating.
Calories: 275, Fat: 7g, Carbs: 6.1g, Protein: 45.4g
6 ounces defrosted, boneless and skinless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup raw spinach (or 1 cup canned)
1/2 cup 98% low-fat cottage cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Italian seasoning to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Put a sheet of wax paper on a small pyrex and spray it with no-calorie oil.
2. With a sharp knife, make a vertical cut on the surface of the chicken breast. Keep cutting along the sides to make a pocket taking care not to cut through the bottom of the chicken.
3. Spice up the inside and outside of the chicken breast with salt, pepper and italian seasoning, or any other spices/herbs/condiments you like. Leave aside.
4. On a skillet, spray no-calorie oil (no more the a second). Saute garlic for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and season to taste. Cook until de spinach is soft and moistured.
5. Combine the spinach with the cottage cheese. Stuff the chicken breast with it and carefully put it over the pyrex with the wax paper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is all cooked and tender. Serve inmediatly. Accompany with the salad of your choice.
- Times saved to recipe box: 58
- Times Recommended: 1
- Times added to planner: 30