This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Chicken Pot Pie - TastyPlanner.com
Pie In A Pot From A Chicken
Recipe Source: http://www.seriouseats.com
1 tablespoon butter, plus 1/4 cup melted butter
2 medium shallots, sliced thinly
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
3 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
4 cups shredded poached chicken
3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley, plus about 1/2 cup leaves for crust
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup frozen peas
6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
1 some Sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring now and then, until shallots are translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chicken stock. Whisk remaining 1/2 cup stock into the flour in a small bowl. Whisk into shallot mixture. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
2. Add carrots and celery. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken. Return to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped parsley and tarragon. Let cool. Stir in peas. Transfer to a 2-quart (8 1/2-by-12-inch) baking dish.
3. Brush 1 sheet of phyllo with melted butter. Sprinkle with parsley leaves. Repeat with remaining phyllo, parsley, and butter; do not sprinkle parsley on final layer. (Keep unbuttered phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel.) Drape crust over cooled filling; tuck in edges. Cut four 4-inch slits in crust for vents. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
4. Bake until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and recut vents. Serve immediately in shallow bowls.
- Times saved to recipe box: 15
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 6