Chocolate Chip Biscotti - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Danielle Loew
A great Italian treat that happens to be light. The mini chocolate chips are a sure way to get a few in every bite. Great served with coffee in the morning or saved for after dinner. (I will be sure to include my variations of this recipe as they are made and post pictures. This basic recipe is a playground for creativity.
Nutrition Info based on the original recipe
Points: 2 points per serving; 40 for entire recipe
Per serving:/Cal: 70/Cal from fat:7/Fiber: less then 1/Most cals are from sugar ( 1 cup has 774 cals!)/Most fat is from eggs ( 40 cals of fat/egg)
Recipe Source: Weight Watchers online
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp table salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
2 cup all purpose flour
1 oz mini chocolate chips, about 3 tbsp
2 sprays of cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 325F. Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in egg mixture. Stir just until moistened and dough forms. Shape the dough into a 13 by 3 inch log on baking sheet.
4. Bake log 30 mins and set aside to cool for 10 min. Reduce oven to 300.
5. cut warm log crosswise on a slight diagonal into 1/2 inch thick slices. Stand slices about an inch apart, on baking sheet, and return to oven for 12 minutes. The centers will be soft, but biscotti will crisp when cooled.