Category: Main Course
Citrus Chicken and Rice - TastyPlanner.com
A delicious combination of orange juice, chopped onion and chicken stock simmer together with chicken and rice to make a delightful skillet meal.
Recipe Source: Campbell's Kitchen
1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 3/4 cups Swanson Chicken Broth or Swanson's Chicken Stock
1/2 cup orange juice
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook the chicken in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
2. Stir the broth, orange juice, onion and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir in the parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: For a special touch, cook orange slices in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until they’re lightly browned. Serve over the chicken.
INGREDIENT NOTE: We develope our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, fro the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer, just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you’re using a larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
- Times saved to recipe box: 25
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 17