Category: Main Course
Creamy Blush Sauce with Turkey & Penne - TastyPlanner.com
This flavorful dish proves that a slow cooker is a busy mom’s best friend. It’s a family favorite that’s so good you’ll be proud to serve it to a company too!
Recipe Source: http://www.campbellskitchen...
4 turkey thighs, skin removes (about 3 pounds)
1 jar (24 ounces) Prego Chunky Garden Mushroom & Green Pepper Italian Sauce
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup half-and-half
1 package (1 pound) penne pasta, cooked and drained
grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place the turkey into a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the turkey and sprinkle with the red pepper.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the turkey is fork-tender. Remove the turkey from the cooker to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove the turkey meat from the bones.
3. Stir the turkey meat and the half-and-half in the cooker. Spoon the turkey mixture iver the pasta. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Time-Saving: You may also cook this recipe on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Easy Substitution: You can substitute 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds) for the turkey thighs.
- Times saved to recipe box: 3
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 3