Category: Main Course
Crispy Mexican Wrap Casserole - TastyPlanner.com
super tasty vegetarian enchiladas
Recipe Source: from the kitchen of Two Sis...
2 1/2 c dry brown rice, cooked
1 lg. onion, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 c tomato past
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 t salt
2 dozen sm. corn or wheat tortillas
1/2 c olive oil
2 c veg. stock
1/3 c tom paste
1/2 c rice milk or milk
1 15oz can olives, sliced
1. Saute onion and peppers in 1/3 c oil until tender. Toward the end of the cooking time, add cooked rice, tomato paste, garlic, and salt; mix well.
2. Pour the 1/2 c of oil and 1/2 c veg. stock onto a lg. plate/pie dish. Dip both sides of each tortilla into this liquid.
3. Fill each coated tortilla w/ 1/3 c of the rice mix. Roll up and place in an ungreased, lg. casserole dish.
4. Combine the remaining 1 1/2 c veg stock w/ the 1/3 c tomato paste and milk. Pour sauce evenly over wraps.
5. Drizzle w/ 2-3 T olive oil, sprinkle w/ olives, and bake uncovered for 20 min at 375.