Double Crumb Cake - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Scott Harrison
Best selling crumb cake recipe
Recipe Source: Family Circle Magazine June...
1 box (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour (15.8 ounces by weight)
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
Sour Cream Glaze:
10 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
2 Tablespoons sour cream
Note: Original recipe calls for 3 sicks of butter in the crumb topping but I found 2 sticks is sufficient.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 15 × 10 × 2-inch baking pan. Lightly dust pan with flour; shake out any excess flour.
3. Cake: Combine cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Beat according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Topping: Blend flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and melted butter in medium bowl until mixture is evenly moistened and clumps together.
6. Remove cake from oven. Sprinkle with crumbs (this will be a thick layer). Return to oven; bake 15 minutes or until crumbs are slightly set. Remove pan to wire rack and let cool completely.
7. Glaze: Whisk 8 tablespoons of the confectioners’ sugar with the sour cream in a bowl. Dust top of cake evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle with glaze. Store cake, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days.