Dulce de Leche Cheesecake - TastyPlanner.com
This cheesecake recipe was originally found in an “Everyday with Rachael Ray” magazine (Feb 2008). I made it for my sister’s birthday and everyone loves it caramely topping.
10 ounce box shortbread cookies, such as Lorna Doone
1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons flour
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
1 3/4 cups dulce de leche or other caramel sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil.
2. Using a food processor, finely chop the cookies, nuts, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add the butter and pulse until just combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
3. Lower the oven temperature to 300°F.
4. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until softened, 2 minutes. Beat in the flour and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt on low speed. Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, 1 at a time, on medium speed. Mix in 1 cup dulce de leche.
5. Pour the batter into the crust. Loosely cover the pan with foil, set in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach a depth of 1 inch. Bake the cheesecake until set at the edges but slightly wobbly in the center, about 55 minutes.
6. Transfer the cake to a rack; let rest for 15 minutes. Spread the remaining 3/4 cup dulce de leche over the warm cake.
7. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then remove the springform and slice the cheesecake.