Fiber One® Peanut Butter Cookies - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Brennen Fisher
Nibble on delicious homemade peanut butter cookies made with a high-fiber cereal.
Recipe Source: www.bettycrocker.com
1 1/2 cups Fiber One® original bran cereal
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1.Heat oven to 375°F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush in food processor).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the brown sugar and with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. On low speed, beat in peanut butter and eggs until smooth. Beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well blended.
3. Stir in cereal until well blended.
4. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls about 3 inches apart. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
5. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until set and very light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Times saved to recipe box: 11
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 7