This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Fish Tacos - TastyPlanner.com
This is a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com so if you want original recipe go there – it includes a bit more “kick” with jalapeno and cayenne pepper added. I always bake or grill the fish to be gluten free but thought the beer batter was a fun idea to include if its the way someone else likes it. We love this sauce!
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com
To Bake or grill the fish marinate in:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon minced capers
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
shake of cayenne
1 pound tilapia or cod fillets, (Shark or swordfish work well also)cut into 2 to 3 ounce portions
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded
tomatoes - diced
avacodo - sliced
cilantro - chopped
To bread the fish:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup beer
1 qt. of oil for frying
1. To make beer batter: In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture (don’t worry about a few lumps).
2. To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
3. Grill or Bake fish usually 5-6 min. per side depending on thickness.
4. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp.
5. To serve, place fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage,tomatoes, avacado, cilantro and white sauce.
6. Fry option:Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.