This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Fleur's Black & Red Bean Burrito - TastyPlanner.com
Healthy, Vegetarian Burrito
Recipe Source: I made it up
1 can of black beans
1 can of Red Beans- Louisiana style ( Albertson's)
1 Can of Stewed Tomatoes
1 tsp of green chiles
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 tbspn of chopped onion
2 tbspn olive oil ( used to sautee onions & garlic)
4 large burrito tortillas
1 tbspn spicy mustard with 1 tbspn mayonaise, with lemon juice)
5 leaves of spinach
1 cup cheddar cheese for bean portion
a pinch of cheddar cheese in burrito itself
Salsa to taste
salt to taste ( NuSalt has potassium)
red pepper flakes
black pepper to taste
1. Mix and mash all beans together with can of stewed tomatoes with salt, pepper, red crushed pepper flakes.
2. In a frying pan, add olive oil and sautee garlic and onions for 1 minute.
3. Add beans, chili, salt to taste. Bring to boil and then simmer on low covered for 10-15 minutes.
4. On an open fire once beans are done, put tortilla for 10 seconds and then add the beans when they are finished. They just need to be cooked the 15 minutes before making the burrito.
5. Put spoonfuls ( up to you how much) of bean mixture in burrito, sour cream, spinach, guacamole, salsa, and cheese and wrap. Fold in sides then fold side near you.
6. Put in microwave 30 seconds so all ingredients will mix and serve with tortilla chips and salsa on side.