This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Fried Apples with Bacon - TastyPlanner.com
Serve with pumpernickel bread and a dark beer.
Recipe Source: Cooking Danish
16 slices of bacon
1 small onion, diced
4 firm Granny Smith apples, peeled or unpeeled, cut in to 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon of sugar
4 slices of crispy bacon
1. Cut the 16 slices of bacon in to small dices. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to a bowl, leaving drippings in skillet.
2. Add the onion to the bacon fat and saute until translucent. Do not brown. Drain about half of the drippings.
3. Add the apples to the skillet and saute until tender. Stir in the sugar and return the bacon to the skillet.
4. Mix well. Cook until heated through.
5. Spoon in to a serving dish and top with the 4 slices of crispy bacon.