Category: Main Course
Garlic-Crusted Rib-Eye Steaks with Grilled Broccolini - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Mark Johnson
Meat and veggies. Yum!
Recipe Source: WeberNation.com
4 large garlic cloves
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces each and about 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
3/4 pound broccolini, with stalks no wider than 1/2 inch
extra-virgin olive oil
1. On a cutting board finely chop the garlic, then sprinkle with the salt. Use the side of a knife to smash the garlic into a paste. Put the garlic paste into a small bowl and add the remaining paste ingredients.
2. Smear the paste evenly over both sides of each steak. Let the steaks stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling. Meanwhile soak the broccolini.
3. In a large bowl of water submerge the broccolini for 20 to 30 minutes so that they absorb water. This will help them steam a little on the grill.
4. Prepare your grill for direct and indirect cooking over high heat.
5. Pour off the water from the bowl of broccolini. Lightly drizzle some oil over the broccolini and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat them evenly with oil and salt.
6. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning once (if flare-ups occur, move the steaks temporarily over indirect high heat). Remove from the grill and let rest while you grill the broccolini.