Category: Main Course
Garlic Soup - TastyPlanner.com
Recipe Source: http://feeds.seriouseats.co...
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 links andouille (or chorizo), cut into 1/4 inch slices
6 cloves garlic, peeled, and thinly sliced
3 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoons white vinegar
2 Slices of bread
1. Pour the oil in a pan and turn the heat to medium. Toss in the sliced sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
2. Turn the heat to low and add the sliced garlic. Cook gently for 4 minutes, and remove . Place in the bowl with the sausages.
3. Turn the heat back up to medium, and place the sliced pieces of bread in. Cook until they are golden brown, about three minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
4. Return the garlic and sausages to the pot, pour in the chicken broth, and plop in the bay leaf. Bring to simmer over medium heat and season with salt.
5. While the soup is a simmering, bring a small pot of water and the vinegar to a simmer. When ready, crack an egg into a small bowl. And then slide the egg into the pot very, very gently. It should curl up nicely in the water and remain compact. Cook them for about 5 minutes.
6. To construct the soup, place a piece of bread in a soup bowl. Gently set a poached egg on top. Pour in the garlic soup.