Category: Side Dish
Green Pepper Steak - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Dan Baldwin
Really tasty pepper steak that I usually make using gluten steaks.
1 lb. beef chuck or ground (fat trimmed or gluten steaks)
¼ cup soy sauce
1 garlic clove
1 ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger OR
½ tsp. ground ginger
¼ cup salad oil
1 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
1 cup red or green peppers cut into 1-in. (squares)
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup water
2 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
1. With a very sharp knife cut beef across grain into thin strips, 1/8-inch thick.
2. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger. Add beef. Toss and set aside while preparing vegetables.
3. Heat oil in large frying pan or wok. Add beef and toss over high heat until browned. Taste meat. If it is not tender, cover and simmer or 30 to 40 min. over low heat.
4. Turn heat up and add vegetables. Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 min.
5. Mix cornstarch with water. Add to pan; stir and cook until thickened.
6. Add tomatoes and heat through.