Category: Side Dish
Hasselback Potatoes - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kim Andjordan
medium sized potatoes (about 1 per person)
1 clove fresh garlic, very thinly sliced
coarse salt (sea or kosher)
sour cream (optional)
Fresh chives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay each potato on its flattest side. With a potato peeler, peel the skin off the tops of each potato, but leave the bottoms of the skins in tact.
2. Take a sharp knife, and very carefully cut thin slices all along the tops of the potatoes, about two thirds to three quarters of the way down. Be careful not to slice all the way to the bottom. Slide a garlic slice or two into a couple of the slits of each potato.
3. Place potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Dab the tops of the potatoes with butter and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until the tops are golden and crispy. Dollop with sour cream, and garnish with dill, chives, and more Italian seasoning.
- Times saved to recipe box: 81
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 23