This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Lemon (or Lime) Chicken - TastyPlanner.com
This a quick and easy meal thats super yummy!
4 large boneless chicken breast halves (or 8 small)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil (or salad oil)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives (or green onions)
1/2 juice of lime (or lemon)
2 Tbsp brandy or cognac (optional)
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Place chicken breast halves between wax paper (or plastic wrap). Pound slightly with mallet. (NOTE: You can pound chicken breasts flat and leave flattened between sheets of plastic wrap. Wrap them airtight in on package and freeze for later use).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter in large skillet.
3. Cook chicken over high heat for 4 minutes on each side. Do not cook longer or they will be overcooked and dry. Transfer to warm platter.
4. Add chives or green onions, lime juice and brandy (if used), parsley and mustard to pan.. Cook 15 seconds, whisking constantly.
5. Whisk in broth. Stir until sauce is smooth. Wisk in remaining butter and oil.
6. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
- Times saved to recipe box: 14
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 11