Category: Main Course
Lime Dill Chicken - TastyPlanner.com
Tangy lime, cool cucumber and mouth-watering dill enhance this simple baked chicken dish.
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4 medium breasts)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
3 limes, divided
1/4 cup chopped dill, divided
1 large green pepper, sliced
2 tsp. sea salt
8 oz. sour cream (or yogurt)
1 small cucumber, finely diced
1. Trim the chicken breasts and arrange in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with sea salt. Add soy sauce and lime juice to the dish.
2. Place half the chopped dill on top of the chicken. Top with whole slices of two limes and slices of green pepper.
3. Cover the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for 30+ minutes.
4. Uncover the chicken and bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
While the chicken bakes, prepare the sauce.
5. Combine sour cream (or yogurt), diced cucumber, remaining dill and the zest of the remaining lime in a bowl.
6. Add the juice of the zested lime. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Remove the lime slices from the chicken. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve with green vegetables, such as broccoli or asparagus.