Category: Main Course
Mediterranean Pita Melts - TastyPlanner.com
Recipe Source: Our Best Diabetic Recipes m...
1 6oz plain yogurt
1/3 c chopped cucumber
1/2 tsp dr. mint
1 clove garlic
24 meatballs reserved from Mediterranean Meatballs recipe
3 lg w. wheat pita bread rounds, split in 1/2
3 lg roma tomatoes, thinly slice crosswise
1/2 c feta (2oz)
1. For dressing: In sm bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, mint, and garlic. Set aside.
2. Preheat broiler. Line pan w/ foil and heat meatball 2-5 min til heated through, turning once
3. Place pita bread halves, cut sides up, on same baking sheet, putting meatballs, tomatoes and feta on top of pita and broiling 2 min more. Spoon yogurt dressing over to serve and top w/ remaining roasted red pepper strips from Mediterranean Meatball recipe.
- Times saved to recipe box: 11
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 4