Category: Main Course
Mini Hamburgers a.k.a. Sliders - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kevin Burg
The only thing that can beat a big juicy hamburger is a tiny juicy hamburger. These sliders (also known as Bar Burgers) are not only easier to eat than a full sized burger but they are mysteriously better tasting too.
2 pounds ground beef
6 tbs butter (optional)
1 small tomato (optional)
1 small yellow onion (optional)
12 slices cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
12 dinner rolls
1. Knead the ground beef thoroughly – this will keep the pieces together while you cook. Add salt and pepper as you do this. Roll in to 12 balls – larger than a golf ball but smaller than a racquetball.
2. Now comes the secret part. Make a 1/2 inch indention in to each ball and fill with a 1/4 teaspoon of butter. Make sure to seal up the indention quickly so your guests don’t see what you did – they might resent you for it but it’s worth the risk because this step makes the burgers extra juicy.
3. Place dinner rolls in the oven at 200-300 degrees, just enough that it will warm them up.
4. Heat a medium sized pan on medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Mash down the balled ground beef in to a patty before placing in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes then flip and add cheese if desired. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes then remove from heat.
6. Remove buns from oven and slice in half before placing the meat inside. Now add the onions, tomatoes and whatever other toppings you like – but don’t go overboard… simplicity is the key here!