This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Mixed Berry Muffins - TastyPlanner.com
Oat bran is very useful as a partial substitute for flour because it boosts the fiber and lowers the GI.
Recipe Source: The Low GI Diet Cookbook
1/2 cup All-Bran cereal
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup self-rising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup unprocessed oat bran
1 cup blueberries
1 1/4 cups raspberries
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp pure floral honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
2. Put the bran cereal in a bowl, pour over the milk and soak for 10 minutes. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the oat bran, then fold in the blueberries and raspberries. Combine the egg, honey and vanilla in a small bowl.
3. Add the egg mixture and bran cereal mixture to ghe dry ingredients and stir gently with a wooden spoon until just combined; do not overmix. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan and bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and a wooden skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
- Times saved to recipe box: 2
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1