Category: Main Course
Mozzarella Chicken, Garlic Pasta, and Italian Bread - TastyPlanner.com
Day Three Easy Dinner Recipe
Recipe Source: http://www.momswhothink.com...
MOZZARELLA CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
GARLIC PASTA INGREDIENTS:
8 ounces fusili (spiral) pasta
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlice, sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
MOZZARELLA CHICKEN DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute chicken breasts for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until white.
2. Add pepper, garlic, onion and broth.
3. Cover and simmer over medium heat until broth cooks off, about 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Stir in spaghetti sauce, then cover and simmer another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
GARLIC PASTA DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, then return to pot.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic for 5 minutes. Remove garlic slices, and discard.
3. Pour oil over pasta in pot, and toss to evenly coat.
4. Sprinkle 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese onto pasta, and stir until evenly distributed.
5. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley.
6. Serve with Italian Bread and butter.
- Times saved to recipe box: 10
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 4