This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Cookies - TastyPlanner.com
This no bake cookie recipe is fast and appropriate for preschoolers with short attention spans. Double it if you have an older, more patient child. And, these cookies are really good. Those of you that like cookie dough, will love these.
Recipe Source: http://lajollamom.com/2011/...
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup granola cereal (we used Crunchy Vanilla Almond Granola from Wild Harvest)
1/2 cups chocolate or peanut butter chips (optional)
1. Let the kids measure what they can. I recently bought these Le Creuset Silicone Measuring Bowls and can’t praise them enough.
2. Combine the sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
Tip: Get a small rubber spatula and teach the kids how to get the peanut butter off the spoon and scrape the side of the bowl. Otherwise, they may get frustrated.
3. Add oats, granola and chocolate chips. Make sure there aren’t any unusually large granola chunks present. Rolling balls with big granola chunks is hard.
4. Stir until completely mixed. Use spoon or hands.
5. Form into 1" balls (or smaller, a little goes a long way)
6. Optional: Roll the balls in a thin layer of powdered sugar. This will help if they are sticky and add a little extra sweetness. I prefer them this way. You could even try wheat germ, if that makes you feel better. If you omit this step, the cookies will dry on their own a little, which makes them easier to handle.
7. Clean up mess. There will be mess, but it’s worth it.
Makes about 2 dozen no bake cookies. Store in an air tight container and try not to eat them all in one sitting.
- Times saved to recipe box: 3
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1