This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Orange-Coriander Roast Chicken with Red Onions - TastyPlanner.com
Whole roasted chix w/ glaze; Serve with rice and salad
Recipe Source: realsimple.com
4 small red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
2 3 1/2-pound chickens
3/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
Kosher salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Arrange the onions in a metal roasting pan. Place the chickens on top and tuck the wings under the backs.
2. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, oil, coriander, 2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread the mixture over the chickens and roast until they are cooked through, about 1 hour and 15 minutes (internal temperature of 165° F).
3. Transfer the chickens and onions to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes. Strain the pan drippings into a bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes. Skim the fat from the surface and discard. Serve the chickens and onions with the remaining juices.
- Times saved to recipe box: 2
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0