This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Pad Thai - TastyPlanner.com
Everyone has a different idea of what pad Thai should taste like, this is as close (vegan) as I have come to my favorite restaurant’s take on this wonderful dish. I hope you enjoy.
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/recip...
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
1 teaspoon hot chile paste
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
salt and ground black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup chopped broccoli
1/3 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup snow peas, trimmed
1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/3 cup baby corn, drained
1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/3 cup sliced zucchini
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon chopped peanuts for topping
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 pinch paprika for garnish
1. Soak uncooked noodles in 8 cups of water until soft, 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain rice noodles and set aside.
3. Whisk together vegetable broth, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, onion powder, tamarind paste, hot chile paste, garlic powder, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ground coriander, ground ginger, salt, and ground black pepper in a saucepan.
4. Heat sauce over medium heat until it bubbles; reduce heat to low, and simmer sauce while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
5. Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large wok over medium heat.
6. Cook and stir broccoli, carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, mushrooms, and zucchini in the wok until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Add the drained noodles and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to vegetables. Cook and stir until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Remove the wok from heat and pour the sauce over vegetables and rice noodles.
9. Toss to fully coat the vegetables and rice noodles with sauce.
10. Garnish with peanuts, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, and paprika.