Category: Side Dish
Pea and Green Olive Tapenade - TastyPlanner.com
Peas add a refreshing sweetness to this traditional spread-less spiky but still very flavorful. Use it as a dip for cut-up vegetables (quartered radishes are particularly nice), as a topping for whole-wheat pasta or as a condiment on grilled fish.
Recipe Source: http://www.weightwatchers.c...
1 cup fresh shelled peas
6 Tbsp sliced green pitted olives
1 large garlic clove, quartered
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp drained capers
1. Place all ingredients, except whole wheat pasta, in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade; pulse several times until a coarse spread forms, scraping down the inside of the canister every few pulses.
2. Scrape mixture into a serving bowl-or scrape into a nonreactive, sealable container. Set plastic wrap directly on the surface of the spread to prevent discoloration and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve with tapenade.
- Times saved to recipe box: 0
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0