Category: Main Course
Pineapple Jerk Chicken and Rice - TastyPlanner.com
Simple Caribbean main course that pairs well with pear-scented pinot gris. Roll up leftovers in a tortilla with some sour cream.
Recipe Source: Rachael Ray
2 cups brown rice
1/4 cup EVOO
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno chile- stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
1.5 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
salt and pepper
1/2 pineapple, cut into 3/4" pices (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup jerk marinade (such as Lawry's)
15 oz can black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1. In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook rice.
2. meanwhile, in large skillet, heat 2 Tbs EVOO over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook until browned (7 min)- transfer to bowl
3. Add remaining 2 Tbs EVOO to same skillet, increase heat to med-hi. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the pan and cook until brown (5-7 min). Add pineapple and marinade and simmer until chicken cooked through (2-3 more minutes)
4. Stir in onion mix and black beans. Cook until beans heated (about 1 min). Season with salt and pepper, top with cilantro. Serve over rice.
- Times saved to recipe box: 91
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 64