Plum and Apple Cobbler - TastyPlanner.com
A plum-filled pudding with a light, fluffy scone-like topping – perfect for after the Sunday roast
Recipe Source: BBC GoodFood - Mary Cadogan
750g cooking apples (Bramley's are best)
350g ripe plums
Juice of 1 lemon
100g golden caster sugar
FOR THE COBBLER
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
50g golden caster sugar
1 egg , beaten
4 tbsp milk
50g/2oz walnut pieces
1.Preheat the oven to fan 160C/ conventional180C/gas 4. Butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof pie dish.
2. Peel, core and slice the apples. Halve, stone and quarter the plums. Put the apples in a pan with the lemon juice, sugar and 1 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes. Add the plums and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Turn the fruit into the prepared dish. Tip the flour and cinnamon into a bowl, add the butter, cut into small pieces and rub in with your fingertips. Stir in the sugar, then add the egg and milk and mix lightly to a soft batter (this can be done in the food processor).
4. Drop tablespoonsful of the batter over the fruit, leaving gaps where the fruit peers through, then scatter over the nuts. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping has a crisp brown crust.
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 0