Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies - TastyPlanner.com
These cookies are not only yummy but they are both Gluten Free/Wheat Free and Egg Free!
Suprisingly they are still super delicious!
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar (packed firm)
1/3 cup sugar (less than 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup margarine – I used Earth Balance
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup rice flour (Bob’s Red Mill Brown Rice Flour)
3/4 cup Quinoa Flakes (found in Whole Foods cereal aisle near the oatmeal)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 + cup chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat honey, brown sugar, margarine, peanut butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until creamy.
- Combine rice flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
- Add to mixture and beat until well blended. If desired add nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet – this allows the cookies to cook a bit more without drying out or burning!