This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Red Velvet Cupcakes - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kim Andjordan
McCormick Red Velvet Cupcakes
Recipe Source: McCormick
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 oz McCormick Red Food Color
2 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
30 paper cupcake liners
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting ingredients below
1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
4 tbsp softened butter
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 16 oz box confectioners' sugar
1) Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
2) Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
3) Mix sour cream, milk, food coloring, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed just until blended. Spoon batter into paper0lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
4) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Make frosting.
1) beat 1 pkg softened cream cheese, 4 tbsp softened butter, and 2 tsp pure vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 oz) confectioners’ sugar on medium speed until smooth. Spread on cooled cupcakes.