This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Red Wine Shallot Sauce - TastyPlanner.com
A delicious red wine sauce for steaks. This one is particular well paired with flank steak.
Recipe Source: http://www.dailyunadventure...
1/2 ounce butter
1 1/3 cup shallots, sliced
2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 cup dry red wine
1 bay leaf
2 cups brown beef stock
1 ounce butter
1. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender – about 5 minutes.
2. Pour in wine, add bay leaf, and bring to a boil and reduce by half.
3. Add the veal stock and cook until sauce is reduced by 1 3/4 cups, about 20 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Whisk in remaining butter off of the heat and serve immediately.
- Times saved to recipe box: 1
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1