Category: Main Course
Restaurant-Style Chicken Scampi - TastyPlanner.com
I’ve never had chicken scampi in a restaurant, do I’m not sure how this compares in that regard, but this recipe was delicious.
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recip...
1 pound raw chicken tenders or strips
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
1 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 1/2 cups four cheese Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken and flour in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 2. Shake excess flour off chicken and saute in oil for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear). 3. Remove from skillet and place in a medium bowl; set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking water, and return pasta to pot. Set aside pasta and cooking water.
5. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in Alfredo sauce, cover and heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to reserved pasta in pot, then add reserved cooking water and chicken. Toss to mix, pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Times saved to recipe box: 34
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 19