This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Roast Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kim Andjordan
The garlic flavor is subtle yet distinctive in a favorite that adapts perfectly to the slow cooker.
4 fresh thyme springs
2 whole heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
3 tbsp unsalted butter at room temp
one whole chicken about three pounds
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
sauteed seasonal veggies to serve on the side
1) Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towels. Place 2 thyme springs and 6 garlic cloves in the cavity. Rub half the butter all over the skin. Season well with salt and pepper.
2) Heat the remaining butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high. Brown the chicken on all sides until evenly colored, about 12 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker. Pour off and discard most of the fat from the pan, then add the wine and broth and deglaze, stirring and scraping over medium heat to dissolve the pan deposits.
3) Pour the deglazing liquid over the chicken and surround with the remaining garlic. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours.
4) Serve whole on a heated platter or cut into pieces and transfer to individual plates. Garnish with seasonable veggies. Pass the garlic cloves separately.
- Times saved to recipe box: 5
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1