This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Roasted Corn Salad - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kim Andjordan
Per serving: 145 cal., 12g fat, 5mg chol., 318mg sodium, 9g protein, 2g fiber
3 ears of corn on the cob (in the husk)
1 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp ancho or plain chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 (2oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
2 green onions, sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or italian parsley
1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1) Place corn (in husk) in large container; add cold water to cover. Let stand 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium high direct heat.
2) Remove corn from water; do not remove husks. Place corn on the grill. Grill covered 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from grill. Do not turn grill off. Cool corn slightly. Carefully remove husk and silk.
3) Blend butter, 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt in small bowl. Place corn on grill; brush with butter mixture. Grill 4 to 7 minutes longer, or until slightly charred, turning and basting once. Remove from grill.
4) Cool corn slightly, if desired. Hold corn upright on cutting board; with a sharp knife, cut corn from cob. Combine corn, olives, onion, cilantro/parsley, tomato, remaining 3 tbsp olive oil and vinegar in a medium bowl; mix well and serve.
- Times saved to recipe box: 2
- Times Recommended: 0
- Times added to planner: 1