This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Roasted Tofu with Shiitake, Soy, and Ginger Over Baby Spinach - TastyPlanner.com
Chef: Kevin and Charla
From “The Skinny: How to Fit into Your Little Black Dress Forever” by Melissa Clark and Robin Aronson
Recipe Source: http://www.epicurious.com/r...
6 tablespoons soy sauce
6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 1/2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed (you can substitute sliced button mushrooms)
1 pound firm tofu, rinsed, patted dry, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 quart baby spinach leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, honey, ginger, and garlic. Place the mushrooms in a bowl and add enough of the marinade to evenly coat them. Toss to combine.
3. Arrange the tofu in a single layer in a small baking dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the tofu.
4. Transfer the tofu to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Spread the mushrooms out on one or two baking sheets and transfer to the oven. Continue roasting the tofu and the mushrooms until the tofu is nearly dry and well browned and the mushrooms are tender and golden, about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Arrange the spinach on serving plates. Drizzle with some of the remaining marinade from the tofu pan. Divide the tofu slices among the plates and top with some of the mushrooms. Serve.