This recipe doesn't have a photo
Help out by adding one. We have some cool tools that make it easy.
Category: Main Course
Sauteed Chicken Dinner - TastyPlanner.com
This entree is perfect when paired with spinach fettuccine and a green Mediterranean salad.
Total calories for entire meal: 430
Fat: 1.5 G
Recipe Source: Change One recipe book
1 1/2 pounds, medium onions
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 tsp olive oil
2 tbp sugar
1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tsp Rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Cut onion into 6 wedges each. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
2. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add 2 tsp olive oil and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add chicken and saute until browned, about 3 minutes on each side, transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Saute onions, 1 tbsp sugar, and remaining salt and pepper until onions turn golden brown and caramelize, about 8 minutes. Stir frequently, breaking onions apart as they cook. Add broth and boil until it evaporates. About 2 minutes.
4. Stir in all herbs and remaining sugar. Return chicken to skillet and sprinkle with vinegar. Cook uncovered until juices of chicken run clear. about 4 minutes.
5. Divide int o 4 portions. One serving equals one chicken breast with about 1/2 cup onions.
6. Serve with 2/3 cup spinach fettuccine and Mediterranean salad. (greens, tomato wedges, ground pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar)