Category: Main Course
Seafood “Enchiladas” - TastyPlanner.com
This is a seafood enchilada recipe that has no tortilla substitute, but the sauce is homemade and out of this world. You can try this recipe as is or get even more creative and purchase these new coconut wraps recently featured in an issue of Paleo Magazine. You can also make your own coconut tortillas, or just do as we did and smother some seafood, chicken, beef, or whatever other protein source you might enjoy with the homemade sauce and devour!!
Recipe Source: everydaypaleo.com
1 medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons coconut oil or grass fed butter or ghee
2 cups tomato puree (make your own using 4 large tomatoes pureed in a food processor)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound seafood of choice such as wild caught cod, shrimp, or crab (or other protein like shredded chicken or ground beef)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Saute the onions in the coconut oil or butter until limp.
3. Add the tomato puree, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Mix well and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
4. Pour the sauce into a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish with the seafood. Pour the enchilada sauce over the seafood, cover tightly with aluminum foil and back for 10-12 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
6. Serve with sliced avocados, lime wedges, and cilantro.
*If using the coconut wraps, cook your meat prior to filling the wraps, stuff the wraps, roll, place in a baking dish, cover with the sauce and heat in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until warmed through and the sauce is bubbling.